Why Grapefruit for Dull & Uneven Skin
Benefits of Grapefruit
Despite having relatively few calories, it’s loaded with nutrients to help your body thrive. Sometimes referred to as a superfood, grapefruit is loaded with Vitamins A and C, which boost your body’s immune system. This powerful combination could help keep the amount of time you spend sick to a minimum. The benefits aren’t only from ingesting the fruit though.
Grapefruit in Skincare
In addition to being an amazing source of vitality from the inside out, grapefruit, rich in Vitamin C and Lycopene (two antioxidant heavy hitters), naturally evens the appearance of skin’s tone, enhances glow, promoting healthier-, smoother- and softer-looking skin. It is actually an effective natural exfoliator for dull and uneven skin.
Additionally, the antioxidants in Vitamin C may help defend against the damage that UV light can cause. That doesn’t mean that you can use a Vitamin C skin product in place of sunscreen. It can’t replace SPF since it doesn’t absorb UVA or UVB rays. But, if UV light does get into your skin, some research suggests that Vitamin C can help blunt the harm.
Yes To Grapefruit Products
With all of the benefits of this powerful citrus, it’s no wonder we launched the Yes To Grapefruit line in 2013, helping dull and uneven skin tone feel radiant and glowy. With the power of natural ingredients and a full regimen of products, there’s truly something for everyone.
All great routines start with a cleanse. Our Daily Scrub and Cleanser or Daily Foaming Cleanser are the perfect way to invigorate and brighten your skin. The gentle exfoliator enhances skin glow and washes away makeup, dirt and oil while using natural Jojoba spheres to slough away dead skin cells. The soothing foaming cleanser will wash away dirt and oil without stripping the skin, setting the perfect base for an AHA or BHA treatment. Both cleansers leave skin feeling soft and smooth and ready for the next step of your routine.
Our Glow-Boosting Exfoliating Acid Pads will make you feel like you just got a facial since they naturally exfoliate with Grapefruit and AHA + BHA, giving your skin the glow you want, without the dryness you definitely don’t. In fact, after 4 weeks of use, 87% of users said the pads made their skin look and feel smoother, softer and visibly improved the appearance of their skin texture; and 87% of users said the pads left skin feeling resurfaced, renewed and revived.
After any chemical exfoliation it’s best to follow with a moisturizer. Most people reach for our rich Nourishing Moisturizer to hydrate and brighten skin or our Daily Mineral Lotion with SPF15 to protect skin from UV rays and long-term blue light exposure without an greasy residue.
So what are you waiting for? Get glowing on how to build your very own skincare routine using Yes To Grapefruit products today!
The hardest working ingredient in every one of our Grapefruit products is—surprise—Grapefruit Extract. It’s rich in Vitamin C and Lycopene (two antioxidant heavy hitters) which naturally help to make your skin tone more even and enhance glow, promoting healthier-, smoother- and softer-looking skin.
Any one of our Grapefruit products will help boost brightness, but to go all-in on glow, here’s how to build a simple yet effective grapefruit-infused regimen.
Step 1: Cleanse with the Grapefruit Daily Foaming Cleanser
- This gentle foaming cleanser can be used AM or PM to remove makeup and cleanse skin without stripping, leaving it soft and prepped for AHA/BHA/PHA treatments by loosening dead skin cells.
- Grapefruit Extract and Vitamin C work together to brighten skin and provide antioxidant benefits even on non-exfoliation days.
Step 2: Treat with the Grapefruit Daily Exfoliating Toner
- A liquid toner that contains natural exfoliators to help skin appear smoother and brighter, this treatment is formulated with antioxidant-packed Grapefruit Extract and 10% fruit acids (AHAs + BHAs).
- Lactic Acid (AHA): A gentler, exfoliating AHA to help keep skin soft
- Glycolic Acid (AHA): A chemical exfoliant that penetrates skin deeply, helping skin feel firmer while minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Willow Bark Extract (BHA): Used in many skin treatments, helps clear pores and brighten skin
Step 3: Moisturize with the Grapefruit Daily Nourishing Lotion
- After cleansing surface impurities and exfoliating away dead cells, your skin is ready to soak up a moisturizing blend of Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter and Avocado Oil.
- Packed with fatty acids and vitamins, these emollient natural ingredients help form a protective barrier over skin to hold in moisture, nourishing skin and helping to improve skin elasticity.
- Those moisture-sealing properties make this lotion an ideal follow-up to acid-based exfoliation.
Step 4: For sun (and screen) protection, follow with the Grapefruit Daily Mineral Lotion SPF 15
- This broad-spectrum UVA/UVB mineral sunscreen (formulated with Non-Nanoparticle Zinc Oxide) uses Grapefruit Extract and Vitamin C to help keep skin glowing while providing an essential shield against sun damage and long-term blue light exposure.
- Since AHAs can cause photosensitivity, this mineral lotion is a crucial step on exfoliation days.
- Its creamy texture and Zinc Oxide blend in and absorb beautifully without leaving behind a greasy residue or white cast.
Bonus: Get an extra dose of glow with the Grapefruit Brightening Bubbling Paper Mask
- Not necessary for everyday use (go ahead and pamper yourself once a week), this gentle cotton mask bubbles on contact to infuse skin with oxygen (to help purify) and Grapefruit Extract and Vitamin C (to help brighten skin’s appearance).
Happy glowing, and happy National Grapefruit Day!